As happens with all babies, the bigger Dominic gets, the more I am feeling. And the more I feel, well, sometimes the more painful it is. So as not to disturb my little man, I usually would just shift positions to where I didn't feel him so much. Most of the time, his focus was geared at my lower abdomen, dancing on my bladder or kicking my back side; sometimes even chiseling into my hips. As he gets bigger, I am starting to feel him more on my rib cage. This time, it wasn't just a little jab or poke or sudden movement where the pain only lasted a moment. No, this was a constant, aching pain in my lower right rib cage that would not go away. I was certain he had put his little foot in between two of my bones. So, as I sat there at work in discomfort and unable to find a comfortable position to remedy the issue, I decided I had to disturb him and attempt to move that little foot away from my ribs. So, I reached down and ran my hand from against the middle of my rib cage down to the bottom, pushing enough that I would be able to move his foot. Well, he certainly was NOT happy about that.
I'd never actually touched the little guy before, so this must have been an incredibly startling occasion for him; the moment my hand pushed on his teeny tiny little foot, he absolutely lost his cool! Now, I'd seen my belly in the past move around like there was a little alien in it; I'd seen the little jumps from his sporadic kicks and punches; I'd even seen his hiccups. But I had never seen my belly look like it had some serious boiling water and jumping fish in it. He quickly moved away from my ribs and kicked and punched and rolled and wiggled and squirmed around for at least 30 seconds until he calmed down. WHAT was that, and DON'T you do it again! is what I imagine he was feeling in that moment. It was so unexpected that I laughed out loud sitting at my desk. What a crazy little boy.
Now we play with him. He likes to push his little bum up against my left side, and stretch out as far as he can pushing out the right side of my stomach. Daddy likes to grab his little foot and feel him pull it away, only to put it back for daddy to grab and for him to pull away again. He doesn't seem to mind as much anymore when I move him around as he's causing me discomfort. He usually just shifts positions to get comfortable again, and hangs out. If he gets the hiccups, he's one unhappy camper. Every time I feel those start up, he starts squirming and moving and trying to get comfortable. I figure he's just a piggy. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment