Today marks the two week birthday of our little man. And what a man he is! I'm pretty sure his appetite is that of a walking, talking 4 year old boy. It's a little concerning, I might add, the rate at which this child eats. Not because I don't like feeding him, and certainly not because "I'm afraid he'll get rotund" or anything of the sort; but simply because my body's production rate is far slower than that of his metabolism! I can't keep up with him. Apparently, the middle of the night is when my body goes into overdrive production mode, which is a blessing in and of itself; it means that my nightly sessions, which max out at two times at 3-4 hour intervals, are limited to a mere 40 minutes to an hour. Compare that with our daytime 2-3 hour sessions of trying my hardest to feed him what he needs! All in all, I'm having a blast; Dominic is now my equally favorite person in the whole world, holding the spot with his daddy.
During our late weeks in pregnancy, we obtained several packages of formula from the OB office. I think they'd forgotten that they had given us a package the week prior, but we did not mutter a peep about that. The more, the merrier! All told, I think we received 16 pre-made bottles of Enfamil and Similac formula. And, in the mail, we received two containers of the powder formula mix compliments of Enfamil. With that also came sixteen bucks in coupons that I will surely make use of. The formula comes in handy when I simply cannot satisfy the appetite of our child. He doesn't like it, as he makes the most horrible face when given a taste of it, but he eventually succumbs to hunger and drinks the whole thing.
Not only is Dominic's belly saying feed me, but I'm inclined to think the diapers also have conversations with him. "Feed me!" says the diaper, very shortly after having been placed on our son's tiny little bottom. He has absolutely no trouble meeting this request, as his grown-up noises fill the room and we all burst into laughter over his bodily functions. How one, little two week old can be so entertaining is beyond me, but he truly is the source of my laughter throughout each and every day. I'm overjoyed when the monitor wakes me with his tiny little 'haha' I'm hungry noise, and gladly go into his room and scoop him up for some mommy-baby time. And after a good feeding? Well, you typically have really good dreams, probably about eating!
PS. We always bring you into bed with us in the mornings to snuggle. Daddy came home from work today and I heard him rushing to get into his PJs and brush his teeth so he could climb into bed with us. You are so, so, SO very loved, my child.
No comments:
Post a Comment