Dominic was praised a few blogs ago for his ability to sleep several hours in a row without waking up. I was so very proud of his little six and seven hour sleepcapades. And let me tell you, I am STILL very pleased with them!
But more recently, this growing baby has done some serious sleeping at night. He's getting tired earlier, and he's sleeping longer. "How much longer?" you ask. So much longer that I myself am waking up several times per night looking at him to make sure he's OK. So much so that, one morning when I got to work, I spent a few minutes surfing the net about 12 week old babies sleeping for so many hours. So much so, that I felt the need to send my husband a reassuring email, who didn't even need it.
So, how long did he sleep? This kid slept from 8:30pm, and did not wake up a wink until 7:30am. Eleven - count them - eleven hours. Wow! That's really great!
There was a little bit of grunting, as all babies do in their sleep, but he never once woke up. The next night, we enjoyed sleeping from around 9pm until 6am, and I didn't have to be at work until 9. So, this mommy got to go back to sleep at 0630 when the baby did! Woohoo! Daddy got home from work on the morning of September 27th, and we said our have a good days and I left for work.
Daddy called me on my way to work, and told me to check my email when I got there. He'd asked me a question a few hours earlier, so I responded with, "I already answered you." He said, "No, check your email when you get to work!"
So, I got to work and really, wasn't sure what he'd sent me. I got settled in, took care of a few odds and ends, and an hour or so later, I remembered to check my email. So I logged in and opened the message, and just stared.
What. Was. THAT?
The email was titled 'hmmmmmm' and the body read, "SOMEBODY PLEASE CHANGE THIS $&@^#* DIAPER!!!!"
When a baby sleeps for twelve hours, with just a few short minutes of bottle time intermission, THIS is the type of thing that happens. THIS is what a baby laughing at his father looks like. THIS is something I am willing to deal with everyday, if it means that my boy is sleeping ever so peacefully through the night.
Oh, how I love when this baby sleeps. Not just because I get to sleep- but because this is what the outcome is. Hilarity. Entertainment. Sheer joy. This, my friends, is hilarious.
No comments:
Post a Comment