Sunday, October 14, 2012

Happy 27th Birthday, Mommy! October 14, 2012

In celebration of my birthday, Dominic slept in until 8:30 this morning. He likely would have stayed in bed and played for a while longer and let me sleep more had I not already gotten up at 4am and struggled to go back to sleep. So I've been waiting for his stink butt to get out of bed so I could start our day! The first thing we did this morning was the laundry. There were clothes in the wash the needed to be hung to dry, and then the rest put in the dryer to dry. Dominic was helping me pull all the clothes out of the dryer and put them in the laundry basket, and was prepared to close the dryer door once they were all out. He started to close it and I showed him that we had more clothes to put in, and re-opened it. As I turned and reached for the wet clothes, and turned back to put them in the dryer, Dominic was in the process of re-closing the dryer door. Chaos ensued, as he'd closed it at just the perfect time so that the little metal prong dug straight into my elbow. It was very, very painful for the both of us as I yelled out in pain, picked him up and plopped him in the hallway, and he cried with hurt feelings. After I regained composure (stopped being dizzy from pain), I sat with him and wiped his poor hurt tears away. He didn't know why mommy yelled like that and he was so upset! That was enough laundry, so we left there and came to the kitchen for a special breakfast...

Chocolate chip pancakes! We sat together and watched TV and ate delicious pancakes and Dominic even gave me TWO big kisses for my birthday! And if that's not enough, when Mickey Mouse Club House's song, "The Hot Dog Dance" came on, he ran over to me and threw his arms up in the air. That always means that he wants to dance, so we had a super fun hot-dog dance this morning. :)

After Dominic went down for his nap, I took a nice long bath and did some grooming and relaxing. I washed and folded all the laundry, cleaned our bathroom top to bottom (THAT took a while), had lunch with Daddy on his break from school, and then played with Dominic some more. I had some stuff to shop for and so we took off on an adventure. I didn't realize just what an adventure today really would be. Long story short, I had a miserable screaming child drawing all of the attention of those around me, wondering what I was doing to this poor little boy. Of course all I was doing was wheeling him around in the shopping cart, giving him hugs and kisses to try and comfort which didn't work. So, we went and got some chicken nuggets and a chocolate milkshake and that seemed to temper him for a little while. What also tempered him was taking all of the contents of my purse and the cart and tossing them over the side and onto the floor. Of course I was checking out, trying to pay, trying to pick everything up, trying to keep the bags in the cart, trying to GET the bags in the cart. I am certain I looked like a complete lunatic. We rolled out to the car and I loaded up our stuff while he screamed and screamed at whatever I don't know. I picked him up and he tipped himself over in my arms and started yelling, "BOOO!!! BOOO!!"  Boo? I had no clue what the boo was so I just strapped him in the car, despite his back-arching, feet-kicking, arm flailing protests to sit in his seat. When I finally got him buckled, I went to close the trunk and realized that 'booo' means 'ball,' as there was an orange ball in the trunk that he was just DYING to hold. So I gave it to him, and he promptly threw it out of the car and watched it roll under the car next to us; and cried. I didn't speak a word, though; I just continued to try and manage the chaos that was my son today.

Chaos. Chaos like him throwing my things everywhere. Chaos like him wiggling so much during a diaper change that I get poop on my foot. Chaos that caused him to trip and bit into his tongue so hard that he had blood dripping down his chin. Chaos that made me forget to put the rubber stopper in the lid of the sippy cup, causing him to figure out if he shook it upside down it would spill large puddles of milk that he could slap and splash in. Chaos that had him smash the sharp and pointy metal tip of the dryer door into my elbow that remains welted. Chaos that told him it was necessary to spit all of his ham out at me at lunch time. Chaos  that had him throw an old cell phone so hard at the floor that the back flew off. And chaos that made him throw his ball under another car even though he wanted to hold it. (Yes, I had to CRAWL under the other car to retrieve it.)

Needless to say, I think I'm ready to go to bed. We had an adventurous day to say the VERY least. However, all of this chaos and adventure becomes null and void in the face of my baby boy offering me kiss after kiss, after kiss after kiss today. He never denied me when I asked him for a kiss; and he offered up more kisses than I can count! I'm sure that this is one of the easier chaotic crazy filled days I'll experience. But as long as I get me some kisses, I think I'll manage. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment