What a week! We decided that Spanish was becoming too much of a stress factor in my life and that the best course of action would be to drop it altogether. I was a bit unsettled by that because my goal was to take as many classes as I could possibly handle, not just to get the full benefit of the Post 9-11 GI Bill, but also to work on getting my degree that much faster. With the baby coming and me still working full time, I knew that it was going to be very difficult. But, I quickly learned that an unreasonable amount of homework and a professora who claimed on the first day of class that, "I am not here to talk to you guys; you are here to talk amongst yourselves. We can spend the first give minutes of class on grammar, and then it's all you; you do the rest at home," that this class was going to be more than just difficult; it was going to be ridiculous. Sure, I've got a good handle on Spanish and the work itself wasn't hard; but the volume. The volume was enormous. I had no time for my other homework, and finally conceded that my sanity was worth way more than an extra class and some extra dough.
I definitely felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders, but it seems these days it takes a lot of rest to calm me down to the level that I am comfortable with. So, this day, I came home and drew a nice, hot bubble bath and sank down into the peaches and cream scented bubbly water that was waiting for me. Ahhhh. I let all but my nostrils sink under the water and I just laid there, half asleep and half awake, totally and completely relaxed and about to fall asl... WHAT WAS THAT?!?!?!?
I dared not move for fear it might not happen aga... WHOA! HAHAH! It was the BABY! I was feeling, for the first time ever, my little baby kick me! And boy was he really kicking! I quickly yelled for my husband who, of course in typical husband fashion, screamed, "WHAT?" and moseyed over my way. "What, dear?"
I had him very gently put his hand on my belly through all the bubbles, and we waited a solid three minutes. "What am I feeling? OH!" Right at that moment, our little guy kicked his daddy! And he laughed and waited for another, but it never came. That was the first time we officially met our little guy by touch. He didn't kick again after that for the rest of the evening; one last kick, spaced far out from the rest, just for daddy. How sweet is that?
After the initial night, we didn't feel much movement. He wasn't super active, but we did get to feel a little bit each day; me mostly when I was at work and about, but daddy a little bit when we'd lay down to go to bed, of course on nights he is actually home to go to bed with us. :)
My fav
ReplyDelete