Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Daddy's Little Marine. June 21,2011

My baby daddy arrived home around 9:30 in the evening from his trip down south. I was up puttering around finishing up some household chores when he arrived, and we hung out for a little while and had our snack together- chilled milk in the freezer, and warm cinnamon rolls. This is a ritual for us every night we are together, and I hope we keep this up until we have only gums to mash around the cinnamon rolls in our mouths.

I asked him, "Am I a bad wife for not having anything for you for father's day?" He responded, "What? Why would you get me anything?" "Well, you got me a blender!"  He looked at me with a confused look and said, "Well Dominic couldn't buy you anything !" It made me giggle a bit when he said this because certainly he had thought to apply the same concept to himself; nope! So I told him, "Well, he can't buy YOU anything either!!" We had a good laugh and that was the end of that for the night. But the next day, Daddy did find something that he wanted his son to get him for Father's Day.

So Dominic, here is the first gift you ever got your daddy; the Marine who earned a purple heart defending our country, and keeping it safe to bring you into. He's a pretty amazing man. You'll be proud when you get to hear his war stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment