Today is Father's Day, and Dominic and I are hanging out at home folding laundry and playing with Cotton. Daddy is down visiting Olivia and should be back sometime tonight. Yesterday, I spent a good bit of time cleaning the house and folding laundry, cleaning the kitchen and vacuuming rooms, cleaning toilets (glorious) and organizing. I went shopping for groceries and shopping for Dominic, who of course, came with me and did everything I did. I have to say, it's nice being able to take this little guy everywhere with me and not having to lug anything around. I'm definitely a grouch when I can't carry everything at once that needs to be carried, so it will definitely be a big transition for me getting used to doing that with a baby and all of his things.
I got a mattress and some crib accessories yesterday, and decided it was time to put it all together. I bought some All: Baby and came home to do some laundry. As if five loads of our things wasn't enough, I fit in another two for my son. I waited up until 10:30PM when everything was dry and I was falling asleep, and I took it all upstairs and proceeded to assemble. I was SO tired, but I was more determined than I was tired. I really wanted to see how it would all look! I finally hit the sack at midnight, and slept straight through until almost 8 this morning. That's an achievement. The baby doesn't usually let me sleep past six or so on any given day without letting me know that my bladder is invading his space and I need to take care of that.
I finished folding his little blankets and little clothes this morning, took out the bottle warmer and organized the changing table (which I anticipate doing several more times until I get it just right), placed some toys in the bed, shifted things inches to the right and left, made sure that the curtains were in the position which let in the least amount of light (that was 30 minutes...), and put the small amount of folded clothes in one of the drawers (again, tons of shifting and moving things around). I amuse myself with all of this time I am spending 'organizing.' Certainly, it matters for me. When putting my kitchen together after moving in to our new home, it literally took me an hour and a half to organize my spice cabinet. About 30 minutes of surveying and decision making, and the rest placing and replacing and replacing. There are a few words for people like me, but we don't need to get into that. Haha!
Well, anyway, I wrote my husband a little note from the baby and have stared at this little note for a bit of time. It's just a note, for crying out loud, so why is it making me so emotional?!?! Of course, it's hormones. That's a given. But even more than that is this feeling so overwhelming that consumes my every thought and my entire being. I'm going to have a little boy in my arms in just a short few weeks or less, and his daddy is going to be right there to protect and love him and hold him and comfort him. I think right now, that image is the strongest and most amazing feeling for this new mom to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment