Well, I think today I'm about as tired as I've ever been during this pregnancy. Dominic and I had a very rough night last night, and I have no idea what to blame it on. Up until last night, when I lay down for bed, I am laying down to pass out for many hours and enjoy the blissful silence that is my sleeping period. Even if I wake up in the middle of the night for a trip to the restroom, I'm able to lay back down and fall back to sleep in an instant. In February and for one of my many amazing Valentine's Day gifts, my man got me a Snoozer pregnancy pillow that proved to be, by far, the most valuable gift and pregnancy tool one could have ever asked for. I found that when I wasn't sleeping with my pillow that my back would seemingly get tied into a thousand knots, and I didn't sleep at all.
But even those nights when I didn't have my pillow were not half as horrible as our night last night. I laid down around 9:30 and started to relax. When I felt good and ready for sleep, I laid all the way down and turned to my side for my normal "I'm going to pass out" episode. But, it didn't happen. I was awake until my husband left for work at 11, and then I was awake for quite some time after that. I dozed off a bit but was still awake, if that makes any sense. A yellow and white onesie was the only thing that I could think about and I kept counting that onesie over and over and over again. It would wake me up and all I could think about was that yellow and white onesie. Every time I'd doze off, this would happen. And although my AC was set to 67, it most certainly felt like it was in the 90s. Though my skin was cold to the touch, I was sweating bullets. I was uncomfortable, exhausted, and frustrated. And it lasted up until about 7:40 this morning when I received a check-up phone call from my husband, who lovingly came home to make sure I was alright.
We moved me to the cold as ice basement at his suggestion, and luckily I was able to bank about 2.5 hours of sleep. It's not helping me much right now, though. I'm moving at the speed of molasses, I'm barely keeping my eyes open, I'm super weak, have a hard time completing thoughts, and cannot manage to move myself from one task to another without forgetting what it was I was doing or thinking of doing or without sitting down somewhere.
One positive thing that came of all of this was a segment in the middle of my yellow and white onesie nightmares where I decided to go to some doctors office to ask what was wrong with me. The lady at the counter said without hesitating, "This is happening because you'll be having the baby within the next twenty-four hours." I liked that idea because it meant I'd get to see my little man! But, I'm not putting too much stock in that dream, as I've not even begun to have real contractions yet. Still braxton-hicks, but maybe I'll have a shocker and labor will start up all of a sudden for me, instead of gradually. Or maybe, maybe the dream meant I'd begin labor in the next 24 hours. Either way, I just want to sleep tonight...
No comments:
Post a Comment