On the day after Christmas, I went to work and was feeling fine. Though, as the day progressed, I felt a steady decline in the way I was feeling; I started to get tired, I started to see the little black orb I usually see before the onset of a migraine, and I started getting a bit delirious. I finished out the day and came home, feeling less than fantastic. I had the rest of the week off, so I took the rest of the evening to lay down and get rid of this migraine. The only problem was that Tylenol was the only medicine I was allowed to have, and Tylenol simply isn't good enough. I woke up in the middle of the night completely a wreck. Sweating, squirming, head pounding so hard I couldn't see straight. My husband was at work; I got up and let go of every bit of dinner I had, and then passed out again (thank God!).
After my husband got home from work, he hung out with us for a while. He took me to the chiropractor, and took me to get an Orange Julius smoothie from Tropical Smoothie Cafe (my personal favorite). He warned me it wouldn't treat my stomach well, and of course, I didn't listen and proceeded to enjoy this delightful drink anyway. He turned out to be right- and it was awful. He went to bed and Olivia and I hung out on the couch. She played some Wii, and I just laid there in complete and total misery. I had a few more dates with Jonny P that evening, and I tried my very hardest to just stick this out. But the more I went on without being able to take any medicine, and without being able to fall asleep, the worse I became. Olivia was begging me to wake Daddy up, and well, eventually, I had to. The poor guy had to go to work, had gotten roughly 3 hours of sleep thus far, and we hauled off to the ER where I got doped up with some meds, and prescribed an interim medicine until I could get some real ones from my doctor.
This visit also yielded a UTI, and I got put on some macrobid. I think the macrobid made me more sick than the UTI itself did, and I opted out of taking them after 3 or 4 days, simply because I was a miserable human being to be around; irritable, tired, cranky, sad. All of the negative feelings, and zero of the positive.
The next day, my migraine persisted. Daddy took Olivia to a friend's house to play and I spent the entire day sleeping and taking medicine; sleeping and taking medicine; sleeping and taking medicine. Three days after the migraine began, I felt better. I took Olivia out for the day while Daddy slept, and unfortunately, this sweet little thing caught a stomach bug and spent her Thursday throwing up. We had plans for her to go make a new girlfriend, and we had to cancel. I felt just terrible, because the little girl we were going to visit had made Olivia a picture, and had planned out their ENTIRE day to play together. She is five. Five. And she did all this for her new friend, and CRIED when we had to cancel. I felt just awful!
We took Olivia back that weekend, and I was just as miserable and cranky and awful to be around as anyone could imagine. I'm sure Olivia was tired of me by then, and was probably super happy to be back at home where crazy old step-mom wouldn't be all crazy. No, she was amazing. She helped take care of me and was a perfect little angel the whole time. She worried about me, hugged and snuggled me, and was amazing. What a heart of gold this little one has. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment