I sat the rest of the day out at work- well, what I could stand, anyway- and decided I HAD to leave work early! My husband had worked the previous night, and had gone to they gym and then home to bed. He had to work again that evening at midnight. I couldn't call him. I couldn't text him. I couldn't run home and tell him! He was sleeping, and Lord knows I wouldn't want him to go back to sleep after I just broke some life-changing news to him. So, I went shopping. I went to Kohl's and bought a little outfit consisting of a onesie with little bear feet, a little bear on the front, and a little bear hat (or baby beanie). I found a little pair of socks that had little bitty duckies on them and was satisfied.
I left the store and came home and wrapped up this gift. What happened after that has completely left my memory. I don't know if I got on the computer. I don't know if I cleaned the house. I don't even know if I took a nap. I just remember that I wrapped that present as best I could, and my memory cells popped after that. I'd GUESS that after news like that, and being that I was so tired and hungry all the time, I ate something and took a nap. The world may never know.
Around 8pm, it was time for me to wake up my man. Christmas was right around the corner, and we were doing our shopping and getting ready for all of the craziness, so having wrapped a present and telling him about it was right up there with normal. I laid down next to him and woke him up, and we laid there for a little while. He asked me what was wrong with me, and I told him nothing. I told him I got a present for him, and he was happy and said so. Here's a little dialogue that followed:
"So, I was thinking we could go to your FAY-VRIT restaurant for some barbeque tonight."
"Oh yeah? That sounds great!"
"Ok, so, do you want to open your present before, or at Willards?"
"Wait, why would I open it now? It's not Christmas."
"Well, it's not a Christmas present!"
"Well... OK. I'll open it at the restaurant... (pause). Are you ok?"
"Yes, I'm fine! Let's get ready to go."
So his spidey senses had already piqued, and he was perfectly aware that something was awry. Though, that something could have been anything, right? Sure. So we puttered around the house and got ready, and picked up the present and left for Willards.
The whole way there, he kept asking me if I was OK, or something to that effect, and told me I was acting really weird. I guess the more normal you try to be, the less normal you really are. So I just told him I was hungry, or whatever I told him. And into the to restaurant we went.
No comments:
Post a Comment