Sunday, February 27, 2011

What Was That, Migraine? January 18-20, 2010. & 15 Weeks, 5 Days. January 23, 2010

After our doctor appointment, I was back at work and plugging away at the day. Slowly but surely, I was beginning to deteriorate. I thought I could head it off with some food and water. Even after that, though, I started getting delirious, dizzy, blurred vision, and all of those fancy things that come along with a good old migraine. So, I called my poor husband who'd already gone home for the day, and he came back to work and picked me up. What a guy! I was home for the next two and a half days, stuck, in bed and on my newly prescribed medicine. God was really being generous with this medicine because, not only did it help to ease some of the pain; but it also has a sleeping aid in it. WHAT?!!??!! :) So I was able to get some much needed rest. With the help of my husband and the love of my doggies, I was well on the road to recovery!

I don't want to harp too much on the migraine side of things. Those have been really memorable parts of my pregnancy, but not the most "memorable" parts of my pregnancy.
Starting to see a little pooch in my belly; starting to feel movement; starting to get into that realization that hey! I'm gonna be a mom! are the more memorable parts. Seeing my husband's reaction while my body changes and when he sees and hears his little baby on those monitors is a memory worth keeping. Dreaming about having a baby and waking up with a belly is a memory worth keeping.

So in order to keep these memories, what better way to do it than by writing them down, and by taking pictures? At this point, and in this picture taken on January 23, 2011, I'm 15 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I don't feel like I look pregnant; I don't feel like I have a pooch; I don't feel like there's anything in there! It's just a gut, to me. But the reactions I received from my wonderful family and friends were so much fun! "There's the baby!" "I see the bump!" Tagging "BUMP!" in my picture. It was wild and so much fun for me to have that kind of support.

So here I am, 15 weeks and five days pregnant. Boy, this is gonna take a while. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment